Orthotics Rockingham – Digital Gaitscan Analysis
Digital Scanning – Building the Ideal Orthotic
TOG GaitScan™ is a state of the art computer hardware and software system that helps your health care practitioner assess and analyze your feet while you are moving. This analysis combined with your practitioners’ experience and knowledge detects abnormal foot function which may be affecting your feet or other parts of your body.
Your foot is in contact with the ground for about .8 of a second when walking and about .25 seconds when running. Imagine trying to determine normal or abnormal foot function with the naked eye in a quarter of a second? This is too difficult for even the most experienced practitioner. The GaitScan™ system records your timing sequences during gait as you walk or run across the pressure plate. This enables your practitioner to have a clear picture of your foot mechanics and determine whether you would benefit from wearing custom made foot orthotics.
What are Orthotics?
Orthotics are worn in your shoes to provide correction and support for your feet, helping them to function more efficiently. Poor foot function and alignment may be the cause of various pains such as foot pain, hip pain, knee pain and back pain. They may be used temporarily or on a more permanent basis.
How does GAITSCAN work?
1) Scans the foot – Thousands of tiny sensors capture the distribution of pressure.
2) Maps Foot Pressure – The computer displays 2D and 3D visual representations of the pressure under your foot.
3) Produces a Report – The report findings help your practitioner evaluate your foot function and determine if the pain you are experiencing is related to fault foot function.
4) Determines the need for Orthotic Therapy
5) Data is sent to the Lab – When it is determined that you will benefit from orthotic therapy your information is then sent securely to The Orthotic Group laboratory. From there, your custom made orthotics are manufactured specifically for you and your feet.